Wednesday 5 August 2015

HOLIDAY BLUES 


This year, sadly, I haven't been able to get away (due to my own laziness) but hey I can still be sad about it! So, sat here on a gloomy day in England I am reminiscing on how last year I was lucky enough to go on two holidays, so I thought I would share some of the photos from them.

After finishing my GCSEs, I went on a school trip for a 2 1/2 week tour around the South of America. I can honestly say that the America trip was the best holiday/ adventure I've had in my life reflecting back on it. It was a fast paced tour starting at Atlanta and finishing in Miami, doing things that have been on my bucket list; like going to my first ever baseball game and of course getting a foam finger, spending the evening at a cowboy ranch and seeing glow flies (as well as the obligatory Disney and Universal days which cannot be missed out). Travelling on a coach with a group of some of my closest friends was amazing and will be remembered forever (cringe but true).





After getting back I was then lucky enough to join onto my parents' planned holiday to Dubai, although not realising how hot it was actually going to be in August (I'm a typical English person who cannot take the heat). So walking around in the 40'c + heat did bring out a lot of complaining in me. I never actually realised that Dubai is basically a huge city built in the desert, so when waking up the next day after a night flight this did give me a shock!

We spent most of the time experiencing all that Dubai had to offer instead of sunbathing for the whole time because it was simply too hot! Going up the Burj Khalifa was an experience, even going up the lift gave me butterflies! The view from up high was immense and we stayed up there for 2 hours waiting for my Dad to get the perfect picture of the sun going down...







Sorry for the long, rambly post- I guess I just really want to go on holiday! I promise the next one won't be as lengthy, and if you've made it to the end- I congratulate you!

ALEX

No comments:

Post a Comment